I love how the whole “babies from bone marrow” thing is making people go “this makes men unnecessary” and men are getting so upset
it’s really fucking annoying to be deemed unnecessary and reduced to something like whether or not you can procreate
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
This post is the reason I started watching Pushing Daisies and I encourage everyone to do the same
I love how we’ve all slowly grown up to be replicas of the antagonists in the TV shows we watched:
And of course, Moseby
Watch These 4 Girls Destroy The Female Stereotype Like The Monsters They Are
These four amazing girls from the DC Youth Slam Team give new meaning to the word “monster” just in time for Halloween. Tell ‘em girls.
OH GOD THEY JUST WON EVERYTHING AND DESTROYED EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME I’M CRYING
benedict cumberbatch visits the beach
Friends don’t let friends scratch their helmets
HE FUCKIIN SAVED HIM FROM BREAKIN HIS NECK
his teeth fucking shined
An Observation At Charlotte Russe
That’s actually why early in his career that Alexander McQueen made a lot of his dresses to look like armor and a lot of his designs had spikes; his father was abusive and he wanted a way to protect his sisters.
Reblogging for the commentary.
This girl is insane, I think
> It gets stranger and stranger as it goes.
> Her neighbors must hate her.
what are you talking about this was the best thing ever.
This is so wonderfully odd i have to reblog it everytime.
I love this girl.
stanley fuckin steamer
This is basically what theater majors are like
Michael Buble’ pulls a fan on stage to sing with him and get’s shocked to hell when his fan has talent!
“Holy shit balls!”
I like Michael Buble’s music unironically and wholeheartedly and I enjoy both his sass of this kid’s mom and his reaction to the kid’s singing.
Also pipe that sweet dragon shirt that guy’s wearing.